Career & Workplace
Are you considering a new career? Are you experiencing difficulties with your current career or having workplace-related issues?
Do any of the items below apply to you or a loved one when thinking about present and future career options?
- Are you struggling to find a new career or unsatisfied with your current career path?
- Do you feel uncertain about your career options?
- Are you lacking information about different career options or the job market and are unable to make an informed decision about what you want to do?
- Do you find yourself under pressure to enter a field or career because of your parents or a partner?
- Are you in conflict with your parents or partner over different career aspirations?
- Are you thinking about further education or retraining because of difficulties finding employment?
- Are you uncertain about which course of study, upgrading or retraining is best for you?
- Are you having a hard time choosing between two different career paths?
- Do you feel like your skills are not being utilized fully in your current place of employment?
- Do you want to find a new career path that builds on the work experience and skills you already have?
- Do you feel unfulfilled and not living up to your full potential?
- Do you need guidance in exploring new skills that you might apply to the workplace?
- Do you have career aspirations that have not been fully realized?
- Are you finding your work less fulfilling and enjoyable, and wondering what else is out there for you?
- Is your job no longer fitting your lifestyle?
- Are you encountering difficulties having your credentials and work experience recognized in Canada?
Do any of the items below apply to you or your loved one when thinking about workplace-related issues?
- Do you find yourself struggling in your workplace but are unsure about the source of difficulties or how to manage the problem?
- Are you struggling with your current manager, boss or colleagues?
- Do you feel your current job does not quite fit with who you are?
- Do you find yourself at a loss in terms of how to manage difficult office politics?
- Are you experiencing workplace harassment or bullying?
- Are you feeling stressed, anxious, depressed or burnt out in your current workplace?
- Are you experiencing occupational burnout and stress but are uncertain of how to manage your situation?
- Are you finding it difficult to set goals or to be efficient, organized and productive?
- Are you struggling with excessive procrastination or distraction at work?
- Are you having difficulties establishing career goals or following through on your goals?
Help Is Available
If you said yes to any of the above, you might consider meeting with one of the highly trained mental health professionals in CFIR’s adoption treatment service. Our mental health professionals have received specialized training in adoption-related issues to meet the needs of adoptive families.
Help is available right now for you and your loved ones. We also offer video-based appointments to fit our clients’ needs.
How do we help you or your loved one to resolve career and workplace-related concerns?
We will provide you with:
- A confidential, compassionate and caring therapeutic relationship to help you address your career and workplace-related concerns
- A comprehensive career assessment, which will include evidence-based, scientific measures that assess your personality, aptitudes, values, vocational interests, occupational needs and work style, and help identify career paths that will be a good fit for you
- Extensive and relevant labour market information related to your occupational areas of interest and job search support
- Relevant scientific, evidence-based interventions to address workplace-related concerns including: Acceptance and Commitment, Cognitive-Behavioural, Emotion-Focused, Mindfulness, Psychodynamic-Mentalization-Attachment-based and Systemic approaches
- Support to plan your transition to a new and desired occupation
- Guidance to set and meet realistic and fulfilling goals associated with your transition
- Referrals to other professionals as needed
We support you and your loved one with career satisfaction and planning by helping you to:
- Navigate through first-career decisions or manage mid-career transitions
- Clarify a career path and help you to organize and plan your next steps so that you realize your career aspirations
- Understand yourself better so that your chosen career is most relevant to who you are, your personality, aptitudes, work style, needs, vocational interests, knowledge, values and skills
- Make career decisions and find career options based on a comprehensive assessment featuring a wide range of evidence-based, scientific questionnaires
- Make informed decisions about career options based on current labour market information, and explore various options for upgrading and retraining
- Develop and implement a job search strategy
- Find a career that fits your current or future lifestyle choices
We support you and your loved one to resolve workplace-related concerns by helping you to:
- Address the distressing thoughts, emotional reactions and relationship issues associated with your workplace concerns
- Manage negative emotional distress and stress associated with overwork and your or your manager’s/boss’ unrelenting standards and expectations in the workplace
- Navigate the complex workplace relationships at the root of your difficulties
- Identify and change the self and relationship issues at the core of your workplace struggles
- Explore possible workplace transitions as an option to deal with your current workplace difficulties
- Identify and deal with workplace power struggles and bullying
- Assert your opinions, wants and needs with colleagues and managers/bosses in a constructive manner
- Assess and evaluate the need for occupational stress leave and create gradual return to work plan
- Advocate for yourself as needed and garner support from others (e.g., colleagues, lawyers, medical doctors) to address your workplace struggles
Find A Therapist
We have many mental health therapists at both our locations who offer this service. Please select a location below to see a list: