Anxiety & Stress
Are you or a loved one struggling with anxiety, worry & stress?
Do you, your partner, or a family member struggle with any of the following?
- Uncontrollable worries about daily life issues
- Fears of your emotions or losing control of your emotions (e.g., intense panic)
- Debilitating fears of becoming ill (e.g., having a heart attack, developing cancer)
- Preoccupation with fears of losing a loved one
- Frequent worries of being embarrassed or humiliated, evaluated harshly, punished, abandoned, or rejected
- Chronic feelings of inadequacy and failing
- Self-criticalness or perfectionistic behaviours due to fears of making mistakes or disappointing others
- Physical tension, restlessness, or difficulties relaxing and staying calm
- Feeling overwhelmed or burnt out
Help Is Available
If you said yes to any of the above, you or your loved one might consider meeting with one of the highly trained mental health professionals in the Anxiety & Stress Treatment Service at CFIR. Our mental health professionals can support you or your loved one to address concerns, issues or struggles related to anxiety and stress.
Help is available right now for you and your loved ones. We also offer video-based appointments to fit our clients’ needs.
How do we help you or your loved ones resolve difficulties with anxiety and stress?
- Provide you with a confidential, compassionate, and caring therapeutic relationship so that you can explore distressing thoughts, feelings, emotional reactions, behaviours, and relationship patterns associated with your anxiety and stress
- Offer you a comprehensive, individually-tailored assessment to understand your current difficulties with anxiety, worry, and/or stress
- Clarify a diagnosis of an Anxiety Disorder (including Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Specific Phobias, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia), and other commonly co-occurring concerns including depression
- Assist you in understanding your current difficulties with anxiety and stress within the context of your life
- Help you to understand and change the emotional, behavioural, cognitive, and relationship factors that might contribute to and maintain your difficulties
- Collaboratively set your treatment goals with you to ensure treatment is relevant to your concerns and needs
- Employ relevant evidence-based treatments to help you achieve your treatment goals, including: Acceptance and Commitment, Cognitive-Behavioural, Exposure and Response Prevention, Mindfulness, Emotion-Focused, Experiential, Psychodynamic-Mentalization-Attachment-based, and Systemic approaches
- Offer short, medium, or long-term treatment options
- Identify referrals to other professionals as needed
We help you and your loved ones with anxiety and stress by supporting you to:
- Understand and change current symptoms and manifestations of anxiety and stress
- Develop healthy coping strategies to deal with anxiety and stress
- Challenge beliefs about situations, other people, and yourself to build a greater sense of confidence and competency
- Understand and change your response to anxious thoughts, sensations, and emotional reactions, and alter behavioural patterns related to obsessions and compulsions
- Understand and change underlying self and relationship issues at the root of your anxiety and stress
- Access and explore emotions and needs associated with anxiety and stress
- Develop a more resilient and secure self (i.e., greater self capacities, self-soothing skills, self-confidence and self-esteem, and more positive emotional expressions in self and relationships), and strengthen your relationships (e.g., capacity to have healthy and supportive relationships)
Find A Therapist
We have many mental health therapists at each of our locations who offer this service. Please select a location below to see a list: