Have you, your partner or loved one suffered an injury, trauma or accident?
Do any of these experiences apply to you, your partner or loved one?
- Feeling emotionally distressed (e.g., sad, anxious, angry) after suffering an injury, accident or trauma?
- Have trouble adjusting to consequences (e.g., physical limitation) of an injury, accident or trauma?
- Thinking about returning to work after a medical or personal leave?
Help Is Available
If you said yes to any of the above, you or your loved one might consider meeting with one of the highly trained mental health professionals in the Rehabilitation Psychology Treatment Service at CFIR. Our mental health professionals can support you to address your or your loved one’s concerns or difficulties related to recovery following an injury, accident or trauma.
Help is available right now for you and your loved ones. We also offer video-based appointments to fit our clients’ needs.
How do we help you or your loved one improve?
- Provide a confidential, compassionate and caring therapeutic relationship to help you access and explore distressing thoughts and emotions following an injury, accident or trauma
- Offer you a comprehensive, individually-tailored psychological assessment to understand your mental functioning, and co-occurring psychological, emotional and relationship difficulties
- Collaboratively set realistic and meaningful treatment goals to ensure your needs and concerns are addressed
- Use relevant scientific, evidence-based treatments to help you achieve your goals, including: Acceptance and Commitment, Cognitive-Behavioural, Mindfulness, Motivation Enhancement and Psychodynamic-Mentalization-Attachment-based and Systemic approaches
- Identify and resolve the self, emotional or relational difficulties that influence your health, functioning and adjustment to your current circumstances
- Offer short and long-term treatment options based on your individual needs and goals
- Provide recommendations to other health professionals involved in your care (e.g., family physician, rehabilitation specialist)
- Identify referrals to other health professionals as needed
Find A Therapist
We have many mental health therapists at both our locations who offer this service. Please select a location below to see a list: